Do you have Chronic Sinusitis? Are you looking for Chronic Sinusitis treatment in Ambala? Are you in pain? Do you feel it’s too late to cure it? You are at the right place, we at Sri Onkar Eye & ENT Care Centre every year thousands of serious Chronic Sinusitis cases and our results are tremendously very positive. Chronic Sinusitis occurs when the spaces inside your nose and head (sinuses) are swollen and inflamed for three months or longer, despite treatment.
This common condition interferes with the way mucus normally drains and makes your nose stuffy. Breathing through your nose may be difficult, and the area around your eyes might feel swollen or tender.
Chronic Sinusitis can be brought on by an infection, by growths in the sinuses (nasal polyps) or swelling of the lining of your sinuses. Also called chronic rhinosinusitis, the condition can affect both adults and children.
Common signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- Nasal inflammation
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose
- Drainage down the back of the throat (postnasal drainage)
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
- Ear pain
- Aching in your upper jaw and teeth
- Cough or throat clearing
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
Chronic sinusitis and acute sinusitis have similar signs and symptoms, but acute sinusitis is a temporary infection of the sinuses often associated with a cold. The signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis last at least 12 weeks, but you may have several episodes of acute sinusitis before developing chronic sinusitis. Fever isn’t a common sign of chronic sinusitis, but you might have one with acute sinusitis.
You’re at increased risk of getting chronic sinusitis if you have:
- A deviated septum
- Nasal polyps
- Aspirin Sensitivity
- A dental infection
- An immune system disorder such as HIV/AIDS or cystic fibrosis
- Hay fever or another allergic condition
- Regular exposure to pollutants such as cigarette smoke