Ear Piercing in Ambala
Are you looking for ear piercing services in Ambala?
Ear piercing services in Ambala
Body piercing is very popular with both men and women. Many areas of the body are used for piercing. Most people who have piercings do not develop any problems.
The ears are the most common piercing site. Most of the time, an earlobe piercing heals without any problems. Piercing other areas of the ear usually involves piercing the cartilage that gives the ear shape. Piercing ear cartilage creates a wound that is harder to clean, takes longer to heal, and is more likely to become infected than earlobe piercing.
Ear piercing must be done by an ENT specialist only and with proper instruments. The studs must be sterile and made to open just before piercing. You must also make sure to keep the area clean for one to two weeks. Only a good ENT Surgeon can do that. In India, People generally go to jewelers for ear piercing who really do not authorize to do that or clinically able to handle problems like infection or blood loss.
The earlobe piercing if done with a wide bore surgical needle or gunshot unit is relatively painless and cosmetically pleasant than when compared to piercing done by a jeweler with a heated gold wire. Please go to an ENT Specialist near you who does body piercing.
Causes of Pierced Ear Infections
- Jewelers use properly not sterile equipements. Using ear piercing equipment that is not sterile can cause an infection. Using earrings with dirty posts can cause infection.
- Touching the earlobes with dirty hands may also cause infection.
- Another common cause is earrings that are too tight. The post may be too short or the clasp put on too tight. Tight earrings don’t let air enter the piercing hole through the earlobe. The pressure from tight earrings also reduces blood flow to the earlobe. This increases the chance of infection. Often, this can be prevented by keeping the clasp farther from the ear.
- Some earrings have rough areas on the posts that scratch the piercing hole. This can result in infection. Heavy earrings can cause breaks in the skin lining the piercing hole. lnserting the post at the wrong angle also can scratch the piercing hole. A mirror should be used until the post can be inserted without trouble. Posts with nickel in them can cause an itchy, allergic reaction.
Uncommon Complications (caused if you go for unprofessional/unauthorized piercing service provider)
- Auricular chondritis: A serious infection of the ear cartilage. This is the folded skin on the outer ear. The infection can begin weeks after an ear-piercing. It most often needs IV antibiotics.
- Blood-borne infections – Hepatitis B and C: these viruses can spread by sharing earrings. They also spread through use of dirty piercing needles. Professional piercing salons follow strict cleaning guidelines and use sterile single-use piercing needles.
- Cellulitis: Cellulitis is the medical term for skin infection. This can happen if infection at a piercing site spreads into nearby skin. Symptoms are spreading redness and pain. Treatment with antibiotic pills is needed.
- Blood-borne infections – HIV
- Keloid: this is a term for heavy scarring at a piercing (wound) site. It develops over months. It happens because some people scar more than others. It is not because of how the piercing was done.
Why to choose Sri Onkar Eye & ENT Care Centre for ear piercing?
At Sri Onkar Eye & ENT Care Centre, Ear piercing is done by ENT specialist Dr. Rishi Gautam Aggarwal himself. Dr. Rishi Gautam is an ENT specialist with 16+ years of experience. We use highly sterile equipment. We use highly sterile stud which does not cause any type of infection. In case any problem occurs ENT specialist is highly trained to cope up such a situation. This makes Sri Onkar Eye & ENT Care centre as the best choice for ear piercing services in Ambala.